One of the aims of this site is to facilitate communication between the Parish Council and members of the community, in order to enable our community to have a open and honest dialogue with its Councillors and thus help with decision-making.
This site is for you, the local residents, and we hope that you will comment on articles and make your views known. You can be assured that all comments on this website are read by Councillors.
You can make comments on articles and issues in one of two ways:
1. You can post your own comments on any article on this site, by clicking the "Comments" link at the foot of each article. You will be asked for your email address and your comments will be visible to other readers on the site.
2. Alternatively, if you don't wish to leave your comments in public, you can contact the Parish Clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org who will ensure that your comments are presented to the relevant Parish Councillor and also at the next Parish Council meeting (if appropriate).
Please note that all comments posted to the site are moderated. This means that your comments will be read by a member of the website team before being published. As the site is run by volunteers, you may experience a delay between posting a comment and it being published particularly during weekday working hours.
Moderation is used to prevent inappropriate comments and to prevent spam. For these reasons, we have a set of guidelines:
1. The Parish Council will not publish comments that:
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory
- Contain swear words or any other language likely to offend
- Break the law or encourage unlawful activity
- Advertise products or services for profit
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages ('spam')
- Are unrelated to the topic
2. The Parish Council will remove contact details such as telephone numbers and postal addresses from comments left on the site.
3. The Parish Council reserves the right to amend or delete any comment, article or other content published on the site at any time.
4. The Parish Council makes no endorsements or representations on behalf of the businesses or organisations listed on this website.